2 Using Open to Cultivate Leadership
Before we dig into OER and OEP, we will first explore a variety of ways of thinking about leaders and leadership in Learning Area 2. We will keep the reading list short and spend more time in discussion, context setting, and strategic plan development.
- An expanded notion of leadership, especially in Open
- Exploration of the ways in which Open can empower historically underrepresented, underestimated, and underserved students
MAY 27-31: Asynchronous Activities
2.1 Read and annotate this short piece:
2.2 Answer all of the questions below for yourself. Then go to OEG Connect Learning Area 2 and post about the one question there.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: You must be logged into OEG Connect in order for the link to work and take you directly to the discussion thread.
- What brought you to this work? Do you feel like you have the tools to “lead from the middle”?
- What support do you need at your institution in order to lead an open education plan that meets the needs of your students and how can you get the support you need?
- How can we help drive agendas for open education that focus on underserved students?
- How can we center our historically underrepresented, underestimated and underserved communities in open education?
2.3 As you continue to develop your strategic plan, illustrate or clarify the places where leadership will be required and who will provide that leadership.
- Please DRAFT your I. Statement of Vision in your strategic plan.
- Please REVIEW at least three of your colleagues’ I. Statement of Vision section.
- Please PROVIDE FEEDBACK. This can be comments, questions, reactions, etc.
- You can do this by using the Insert>Comment feature in Google Docs or by typing directly into the document.
- Remember that all our strategic plans are accessible in the Strategic Plans RLOE Cohort 3 folder.
- Use this asynchronous collaborative opportunity to learn from each other and to enhance your own strategic planning.
WEDS JUNE 1: Synchronous Zoom Session
Week 1/Session 1 Zoom Session
WEDS, JUNE 1, 2-4:30 pm EASTERN
Find your time zone
Topics: Cultivating Leadership, Strategic Plan: Statement of Vision